lunes, 20 de noviembre de 2017

Guatemala Coffee

Guatemala the land where cultivate coffee is part of daily life. Guatemala has many coffee farmers who are growing coffe plantations from the beginning. Guatemala has different types of climates, but the town of Antigua Guatemala and some areas around like Ciudad vieja, San Miguel Duenas, Alotenango have the exact climate that coffee plant need it to grow easily. As I remember I was a child when my parents told me it was time to harvest the coffee,  so they were so happy to go at the farm and cut the coffee beans by hand.
Coffee  harvest season in Antigua Guatemala and some areas around begin on the end of October and is finished on March. Picking coffee beans is very important to the income of the local families. Usually teenagers and their parents go together, their goal is pick more and make more on pounds because they get pay by weight (100lbs). That means if they pick more, more money they can get. Also is helping a lot of communities in Guatemala to cover a little bit of cost of schooling, because school year begins on the end of January.
Guatemala has one of the best quality of coffee worldwide. Can produce between 5 o 6 millions of quintals  a year. Unfortunately desease come  some times and hit some plantations making fall down the production of the year. Thankfully farmers always fight against any desease.
Memories came to me because I know how to make grow coffe, how to cultivate it and harvest. I am so proud to know were my origins from. All of this is making more meaningful my cup of coffee every day. I really enjoy it, definitely I feel part of this.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario